Reablement is a programme of short-term care and support designed to help you regain or maintain your independence – giving you the confidence to cope at home again.
Reablement service provided by Haven Care is all about helping you to do things for yourself, whether it be personal care or everyday tasks, such as making a cup of tea, preparing a meal, using the staircase or going to the shops. Our aim is for you to be as independent as possible in your everyday life.
We can help with things such as:
- Personal care tasks e.g. washing, dressing, toileting.
- Domestic skills, e.g. food and drink preparation, shopping, organising and planning daily routines, using transport, laundry, community access.
- Encouraging confidence to enable safe transfers, e.g. getting up and out of a chair, in and out of bed, on and off the toilet.
- Educating you and your carers in safety awareness to prevent falls or avoidable accidents and reducing risks around your home.
- Enabling you to actions that will allow you to achieve your preferred life styles.
- Financial organisation and management.
- Providing advice and linking you to other local services which can support you e.g. Carers Support Services, Alzheimer’s Society, Age UK etc.
The Haven Care reablement service offers up to six weeks of intensive reablement support if you have the motivation and potential to further develop your daily living skills to enable you to live as independently as possible in your own home.
Reablement Support Workers
Haven Care’s reablement support workers will work with you on a day to day basis to ensure that you are supported in your own home, enabling you to practice your skills.
Monitoring Officers and Physiotherapists
Haven Care’s monitoring officers and physiotherapists will ensure that the goals you set for yourself to accomplish are progressed in a pace and manner that is suitable to your physical and mental ability. With your help and agreement, Haven Care will implement the reablement plan which is tailored exactly to your own individual needs.
You will be able to pick out specific activities and tasks that you would like to aim to carry out independently and then the support staff will help you to work towards and achieve these goals in a week by week plan.
Your reablement plan will be tailored to your needs and abilities and a record will be kept in your home so that you, your carers and our staff can monitor their achievements and identify new goals to work towards.
Haven Care’s reablement team could also help you to identify or purchase small pieces of equipment that will help you to be more independent. Examples of our suggestions include a long handle sponge so you can wash your own back and feet, medication dispenser alarm to remind you to take your medication on time without anyone’s help etc.
We can provide advice and link you to other local services which can support you e.g. Carers Support Services, Alzheimer’s Society, Age UK, and other independent and public sector services etc.